Hi! Thanks for being an educated consumer looking for a quality massage therapist.
Here’s what you need to know about me:
I’ve been a massage therapist since 2005, practicing in Plainville all of that time. My clients are a lively combination of desk jockeys, weekend warriors, and kids of all ages.
I graduated from college with a degree in Liberal Studies and the skills to do almost nothing (except manage the Taco Bell on campus). I landed in a retail pharmacy setting and stayed there for 7 years, learning about people, medicine and health care in general. I also learned that:
- Wellness care is way better than illness care
- I didn’t want to help people under the constraints of insurance.
So off I went to Bancroft School of Massage Therapy for the best massage training you can get in New England. Since then I’ve take a bunch of advanced training, including an Oncology Massage Therapy intensive. You can see my full list of trainings and credentials below.
But what I really want you to know is this:
I used to be a classic Type A person. Super stressed. Always working and volunteering and constantly in motion, but with a lot of spinning my wheels. After 13 years of experience providing massage and even longer receiving massage, I’m way more chill.
I am more calm. And calm doesn’t have mean still, or boring, or unproductive. In fact, I am much more productive, patient, and of better service to my clients, colleagues and loved ones.
Calm doesn’t have to be about zen gardens or chime-y music. Calm is a feeling you can access to help you be composed, collected, and capable.
- Bancroft School of Massage Therapy, Massage Therapy Certification 2005
- Westfield State College, Bachelors of Science in Liberal Studies 1997
Massage Continuing Education
- Neural Reset Therapy, Upper Body- Rob Hayden
- Oncology Massage Therapy: Caring for Clients with Cancer- Tracy Walton
- MotherMassage ®: Massage During Pregnancy- Elaine Stillerman
- Repetitive Use Injury Therapy- Michael Young
- Active Isolated Stretching- Aaron Mattes
- Columnist, Massage & Bodywork Magazine
- Professional Member, Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP)